Friday, May 18, 2018

Just Add Ink #409 | Just Add Eclipse Technique

Hello there stamping friends! It's Friday, Friday,
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend... Now you've got that crazy song in your head. You're welcome! HA!

Welcome to another and all new challenge over at Just Add Ink. Its a fun technique that is still so hot - Eclipse Technique.


I've had a play with this technique a few times and just love it! You can make it as busy or as clean as you like. I've gone for a bit of a CAS (Clean and Simple) Vintage look using a NEW stamp set, Very Vintage, that you will only be able to get with Stampin' Rewards as it is one of the new Hostess Sets.

Either hold a Stampin' Up! Party with me and have $250+ in sales at your party or place a $250+ order with me and you can choose this set from the offerings of the Hostess only sets from the 2018 - 2019 Stampin' Up Annual Catalogue beginning June 1st.

To start off the card I stamped the floral bloom in on the Shimmery White cardstock using Stazon Jet Black ink and then picked up the colour off the lid of the ink pads using and Aqua Painter to colour in the image.


I used the current Daffodil Delight for the yellow colour but the purple and blue colour are newbies - Highland Heather and Balmy Blue. And what gorgeous colours they are. They will be available to purchase June 1st. Come on June 1st! Hurry up and get here!!


I then used the Large Letters Framelits to die cut the 'Happy'. To define the letters a bit more I layered Basic Black under the Shimmery White of each letter, to define that shadow a bit more, and gave each letter a light sponge of Crumb Cake ink around the edge and this also added to that vintage feel.


The Happy Birthday sentiment also comes from the Very Vintage stamp set. I love the font of the sentiment and that its a really gorgeous size too. All finished off with some current and new Ribbon, Trim and Embellishments. 


The Just Add Ink Design Team have really knocked this technique out of the park, so go and check out all their creations and come and join in the fun with your Eclipse card. Can't wait to see your creations!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

2 comments:

  1. Woah! Totally gorgeous! A great CGAS card. Clean, gorgeous and simple! I love the extra definition you added to the raised letters. Gives such subtle, yet perfect, dimension. Okay so I guess I 'need' this stamp set now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the contrast between the pop of colour from the detailed, delicate florals and the clean, modern look of the letters, with the sentiment giving a nice little nod back to the flowers too. Clever, Rochelle. :)
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.