Friday, March 10, 2017

Just Add Ink #350 | Just Add A Sketch

Yay it's Friday! And Yay is Just Add Ink time! Its Just Add Ink Sketch time. Woohoo! You all know me and know that I love a sketch and am loving this one too.


I've gone with some of the products from the Stampin' Up! 2017 Occasions catalogue in the Succulent Garden Suite. Gorgeous. 

I've seen this gingham design from the Succulent Garden DSP on many other creations and have loved it every time. It's just so pretty and time for me to use it now too. I've pulled out the sewing machine again for some real stitching not just some faux stitching. I find the sewing just adds that extra element to any card to make it that little bit more special. The best thing about this gingham DSP is that you can follow the straight lines on the DSP for (mostly) straight sewing.



This is my first play with the Oh So Succulent Stamp set and Succulent Framelit Dies. Another of those Two-Step stamp sets and I'm loving it. Layering of solid and finer images for a fun look.


The colours that I've gone with today are all found in the DSP and they co-ordinate so well together.  Sweet Sugarplum, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe, Old Olive and Whisper White. The DSP colour list does say Whisper White but I've gone with my white go to, Shimmery White. I just love Shimmery White. I don't think I can go back to just plain Whisper White anymore. Sorry Whisper White.


Click to see all Stampin' Up!'s products with that colour


On the Sweet Sugarplum cardstock panel I've flicked Clear Wink Of Stella over it for a subtle shimmery splatter. Its hard to see in the photo but the Clear WOS is s beautiful look.


Check out my nail polish. Does that look like Sweet Sugarplum or what? Very close to anyway. HA! I didn't choose it cause it looked like Sweet Sugarplum, I just liked the colour. Maybe I had Stampin' Up! colours in my subconscious when I chose it. If you follow me on Instagram, you can see the comparison of my nail polish and Sweet Sugarplum here. Pretty funny, I thought!


I've really loved creating this card and using the sketch for this creation. I hope that I've inspired to to get crafting with this sketch.

Head on over to Just Add Ink to see what the rest of the incredible design team have to inspire you. Loads of fabulous ideas. These gals are just so clever! Check out all the details there on how you can enter your card and we hope to see a creation from you.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia? 
Shop for Stampin' Up! products with me

Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7

 Recreate this creation at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.

(Australian Residents Only)


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Rochelle - I love the succulent centrepiece! Kelly x PS - that gingham would be my sewing nightmare! I can't sew a straight line to save myself and that would just make it more obvious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very pretty! I just adore the gingham background and those succulents are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a soft and pretty, feminine card Rochelle! I love how you've combined the sweet gingham with your succulent spray and how they trail down over the edges. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that pretty gingham!! The way you did the beautiful layering on this is perfect in every way. Stunning design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little cluster of succulents & ribbons creates such a fabulous look & tactile feel. Love the colours & the gingham too of course #ginghamrocks
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can just imagine this cluster of succulents as a window box in the sun Rochelle. Love your mix of colours and all the little extra details. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.