Friday, March 3, 2017

Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop | Basket Bunch Easter

Hello stamping friends!!! So happy you could be here on the Artisan Design Team blog hop. This week we could create with anything in our box of goodies.
We have loads of amazing products in our box but I thought I would go down the Easter theme this week using the Basket Bunch stamp set and the Basket Builder Framelits. That set is just too cute for words. I love that all the images are open line work so that makes them fabulous for colouring!! Oh yeah! I know there is still 6 weeks till Easter but with a few ideas now you will have enough time to get started on a few Easter creations

I started with the white bunny as the main part of my creation for today. This first came about by a DIY wall hanging that I had seen on, where else but, Pinterest. It was a burlap flag and with a silhouette of a rabbit all in white. It really caught my eye and I loved the look of the flag. My next thought was how could I recreate that same look with Stampin' Up! products. Bring in the Basket Builder Framelits, Whisper White Craft Ink, Sponge Daubers and some Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. Boom! Too easy! As I'm putting this post together I've got another idea with this silhouette look. Watch this space.

First make your template. Die cut the rabbit out of Kraft cardstock. I find that because the Kraft is a bit thicker it is more tougher to handle a bit more ink than normal cardstock. You can then sponge the silhouette repeatedly and the ink then wont seep through.


Use the template and sponge dauber to sponge Whisper White Craft Ink onto Kraft cardstock. Sprinkle over Clear Stampin' Emboss and heat set. You could just leave the craft ink without the embossing powder but this will ensure that the ink dries and doesn't smudge everywhere as the craft ink can do sometimes. The Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder also gives the rabbit silhouette a beautiful sheen and shine.

Once the embossing powder is set and cooled cut out your rabbit silhouette. I've used the Stitched Shapes Framelits but you can use any framelit you wish.

I've used one of the rabbit silhouettes on my card and then the rest on the gorgeous little Clear Tiny Treat Boxes. Those treat boxes may be small but you can fit a decent amount of little Easter Eggs in them, that's for sure!

The card I started with a grass and sky sponge brayer background and used the grass image from the Basket Bunch stamp set. Coloured some of the eggs with Watercolour Pencils and then layered all the pieces together. 





The clear treat boxes I decorated the front rabbit silhouette panel with a Metallic Thread bow and some Subtles Enamel Shapes and then the side panels had just the silhouette on it.
How super cute do they look with the speckled eggs peeking through. Mmm chocolate!! They are very CAS but I'm loving the simplicity of them. Sometimes less is more or something like that.




I hope that you've enjoyed my Easter inspired projects and has given you some ideas to get creating.

Note - Some chocolates may have been harmed in the making of this project. 😉

Next up, all the way over to Canada, is Shannon Lane. That girl just has a way with colour that is amazing! Love it!

http://crushoncolour.blogspot.com.au/2017/03/artisan-mar-1.html


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia? 
Shop for Stampin' Up! products with me.


Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this creation at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.


(Australian Residents Only)

8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea to mask those cute wee bunnies! Love it Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! What a great idea and I love that frame too! I'll be using both of those ideas! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic! How cute is that bunny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

  4. It looks like cork ... It is very interesting as realization. And the idea of ​​the stencil is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O-mi-goodness, Love it!!! I love your treat boxes with the little eggs peeking out the sides! The silhouette is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww those little boxes are super cute xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.