Wednesday, November 30, 2016

On Stage Display Cards Part 1 - Nailed it and Urban District

Oops! I nearly had forgotten to show you my On Stage Display Cards for the recent Stampin' Up! On Stage event held in Brisbane at the start of the month. I was chosen earlier on in the year to be a Display Stamper. I was sent a few of the new products from the upcoming Occasions Catalogue to create 15 samples to put on display at On Stage. I was super excited to be part of the display stampers and to make samples for all the attendees to get ideas from.

That's me!!

I received the stamp sets Nailed it, Urban District, Build It Framelits, Hexagons Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder, Urban Underground Embellishments and some co-ordinating ribbon and cardstock to accent my creations.
 
Anyone who knows my creations knows that I'm all about everything pretty, lots of buttons, sequins, ribbon and embellishments. So all these products that I received was definitely going to get my creativity going and for me to step out of my comfort zone, that's for sure!
 
I'm quite proud of my creations and so pleased with how they turned out.  This post will be in 3 parts due to there being lots of photos so watch this space.
 
I have used a mix of the Nailed It stamp set and Urban District in nearly all my samples as the two sets go so well together.
 

This first sample I embossed the hammers on to watercolour paper using White Stampin' Emboss Powder and then coloured over with a watercolour wash background. Like an emboss resist technique. Can you see the embossed vellum? The Hexagon Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder is just amazing!! If I hadn't have been given it in my sample box I would have definitely had it on my wish list!


Again using the Hexagon Embossing Folder. I think I nearly used it on all my samples. This one I inked up the inside of the embossing folder and then as it ran through the Big Shot it 'stamped' the hexagon image on the cardstock for another look to the embossed layer.


Due to the tool images from the Nailed It stamp set being open they lend themselves to being coloured! Yay! My favourite! I stamped the images on to Shimmery White cardstock and then coloured them with Real Red and Smoky Slate.
 
 
How fabulous does that ruler look? That is one of the dies from the Build It Framelit set! It looks so amazing on Silver Foil cardstock. Just Sayin'. 
 
I hope that you enjoyed my first lot of On Stage Display samples. Make sure you check back in tomorrow for part 2. Lots more to show you!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 

4 comments:

  1. WOW ... fantastic ... xxx mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Rochelle. Gorgeous display samples.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rochelle,

    Great job on your display items. I am currently umming and ahhing about applying for Aprils onstage Sydney. How did you find the experience? Were you given adequate amount of supplies for the creating?

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.