Sunday, September 6, 2015

Can You Case It? #85 - Colour Challenge


This weeks Can You Case It? challenge is a colour challenge! Some gorgeous colours at that!


I've been playing so much with my Holiday Catalogue products that my Annual Catalogue products were starting to feel neglected. So time to pull out a favourite stamp set - Watercolor Wings. It is such a stunning set and you really cant go wrong when using because the results always turn out amazing!


The striped panel looks black in this picture but in fact they are actually Early Espresso from the DSP from the Neutrals Backgrounds Designer Series Paper Stack. 


The butterfly is actually stamped using one colour, Hello Honey. I used a simple but very effective technique called 'Stamping Off' (that's what I call it). The lightest layer I stamped on to scrap paper twice and then onto my cardstock. The second layer, the very edge of the wings I stamped off onto my scrap paper once and then onto my card stock and then the darkest layer I stamped straight onto the cardstock. So you can get varying shades of colour out of the one ink pad. LOVE THAT!!!


Do you see the gold foil doily just popping out underneath the circle? I love the scalloped edge that the doily gives to the circle. Gold is a shade of yellow, isn't it? I just love gold elements on my creations.  Now to go an find the butterflies body that fell on the floor when I was making this card and for the life of me do you think I can see it! Grr! Hope I can find it!

Make sure you check out the rest of the awesome creations from the other Can You Case it DT peeps! They are a clever and creative bunch! Come and show us your creations using the challenge colours! Can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks for Stopping By!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

5 comments:

  1. I adore your layout! Such a eye pleasing creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Rochelle! WOW, this is gorgeous...I so luv the stripes and the stunning butterfly! started following your blog and ig..I am not on fb...hope your weekend is FAB!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! Thanks for following me! Rochelle xo

      Delete
  3. Rochelle.. this card is drop dead gorgeous! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.