Friday, August 21, 2015

Just Add Ink #276 - Just Add Cards for Males


This week at Just Add Ink we have a male inspired challenge, Just Add Cards for Males brought to you by Jan. With Father's Day coming up in September (in Australia) its a perfect time to create some male cards.

Today I've used a stamp set that I've had for a such a long time and haven't used (um-ah), Lovely as A Tree. It is one of the few stamp sets that I still have in the older style plastic clamshell style case.



One thing about male cards, I find is that they look so bare or naked without all the glitter, sequins, ribbons and all the pretties.


I've stamped the tree image on the Typeset DSP and the solid striped DSP actually comes from the Timeless Elegance DSP. I really like the boldness of the 'happy' die cut out of Basic Black cardstock.


I still had to put some buttons on it and some metallic thread. Got to have that metallic thread on my cards. I can't make one without it. Ha!

Make sure you check out the amazing creations from the other Just Add Ink Ladies. They are one talented group of gals!

Below is a list of all the items that I used in this project. If you live in Australia and would like to purchase and of these items used then just click on the image and you will be directed to my online store.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

6 comments:

  1. So much to look at, Rochelle. Loving the texture, and I have to say those buttons with the metallic thread are a real eye catcher. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome male card Rochelle - the Typeset DSP adds some fussy detail and contrast beautifully with the larger strong elements - like the corrugated cardstock and scrolly sentiment. I think you can't go wrong with a little subtle bling on a guy card either! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Rochelle! The black and white image and the texture of the corrugated card is a fabulous combo and I too love your silver buttons and thread - subtle, masculine and loaded with texture! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...so can it be our little secret? Promise? Pinky swear? I haven't used Lovely as Tree yet either...so don't feel bad, you've beat me to it!!! Gorgeous male card, love all the earthy elements. Lou xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a sucker for a newsprint background! So lovely and the black/white works so well with the corrugated card look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great earthy yet modern card Rochelle. I love how you incorporate so many layers and elements and yet your cards always look so streamline and clean. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.