Friday, July 17, 2015

Just Add Ink #271 - Just Add a Sketch


This weeks Just Add Ink Challenge, brought to you by Narelle Farrugia (the sketch queen), is a sketch challenge. 
I was playing around with the English Garden DSP for another card the other day and it was still sitting at my crafting desk so I thought I would have another play with it for today. It's such a pretty DSP! 


I've used the colours Mossy Meadow (my favourite green. Swoon!), Melon Mambo and Whisper White and they co-ordinate perfectly with the English Garden DSP.


 I thought because the DSP is quite busy that I didn't need much in the centre circle so I used the sentiment from the hostess set 'Best Thoughts'. I watercoloured the butterfly from the same set using Melon Mambo and fussy cut it out for a little accent on the top.


Its all finished off with some gold sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment and some linen thread.



Come and check out how all of the other Just Add Ink Design Team members have interpreted the sketch. Those gals are amazing! Click on the links on the Just Add Ink page and show us what you will do with the sketch.
Thanks for Stopping By!
Below is a list of all the items that I used in this project. If you live in Australia and would like to purchase and of these items used then just click on the image and you will be directed to my online store. 
 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, Rochelle! I wouldn't have thought to use Mossy Meadow for the large banners, but that colour works so beautifully with the soft, pretty, patterned paper. Gorgeous butterfly accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Against the deep green that fabulous butterfly is delightfully vibrant Rochelle and really draws the eye in to the sentiment. Love how the subtle theme of dots runs through it all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Rochelle - the DSP frame is a fabulous idea, looks stunning. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Rochelle! I the pretty colour combo and the subtle twine touches and your water coloured butterfly is a stunning accent! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card, Rochelle. Mossy Meadow looks fantastic and you've encouraged me to have another look at it. I particularly love your pink butterfly - so perfect with the deep green. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Rochelle! The delicate dsp patterns and lovely circle frame are a treat...Beautifully done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bold, yet the pretty floral paper & butterfly gives it a real softness too. Lovely, Rochelle.
    Di :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.